The Miami Dolphins have limped their method to a disappointing 1-5 file to start out the 2021 NFL season. It has been ugly for a group that was imagined to be a playoff contender this season, with so many questions on how the roster has been constructed, the sport planning and play calling, and the route of the group instantly dominating each dialogue of the Dolphins. If the group goes to show 2021 into something apart from an entire failure, they’ve to start out executing this week.
Dealing with the Dolphins on Sunday would be the Atlanta Falcons. Not precisely setting the world on fireplace, the Falcons are nonetheless a youthful group attempting to rebuild round veteran quarterback Matt Ryan. They’re coming off their bye week, giving them time to relaxation, get wholesome, and put together to face Miami, who misplaced final week in London.
In response to DraftKings Sports activities Guide, the Falcons come into this recreation as a two-point favourite.
This may very well be the sport that springs a group ahead and again into respectability. This may be the sport that ends any considered success in 2021 and sends a group into 2022 planning. Someway it is just Week 7.
We set you up for the sport with the data you want and the important thing stats for the competition.
Sport: Atlanta Falcons (2-3) at Miami Dolphins (1-5)
Date/Time: Oct. 24, 2021 / 1pm ET
Location: Onerous Rock Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Sequence Chief: Dolphins lead 9-4
Streak: Dolphins gained final two
Coaches vs. Opponent: Arthur Smith (0-0), Brian Flores (0-0)
TV Broadcast: FOX (Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston, Jennifer Hale); NFL Sunday Ticket Channel 709
Radio Broadcast: Dolphins Radio Community, together with WQAM 560 AM, KISS 99.9 FM, and WQBA 1140 AM (Spanish) in Dade/Broward; WUUB 106.3 FM and WEFL 760 AM (Spanish) in West Palm/Treasure Coast; ESPN 580 AM in Orlando; WRXK 96 FM in Ft. Myers; WPSL 1590 AM in Port St. Lucie; WKWF 1600 AM in Key West; Broadcasters are Jimmy Cefalo, Joe Rose, and Jason Taylor. Sirius channels: 106 (Payments), 119 (Dolphins); XM Channels: 803 (Payments), 819 (Dolphins)
SB Nation: The Falcoholic | @TheFalcoholic
Climate: Scattered thunderstorms, 85°F levels
Odds: Falcons -2 | 48.0 O/U (through DraftKings Sports activities Guide)
Referee: Scott Novak
- Quarterback Matt Ryan handed for 342 yards & 2 TDs vs. 0 INTs for 109.7 ranking in Week 5 & turned 2nd-fastest quarterback (Drew Brees) to succeed in 5,000 profession completions (210 video games). Has 57,099 cross yards & surpassed Eli Manning (57,023) for Eighth-most in NFL historical past. Goals for his 4th in row with 100+ ranking & fifth in row with 2+ TD passes.
- Operating again Cordarrelle Patterson had 7 catches & 114 scrimmage yards (60 rec., 54 rush) in Week 5. Goals for his 4th in row with 100+ scrimmage yards & fifth in row with 5+ receptions. Had rec. TD in his final recreation at Miami (12/9/18 w/ New England Patriots) & goals for his Third in row vs. Miami with TD catch.
- Operating again Mike Davis rushed for 53 yards & TD in Week 5. Goals for his Third in row with TD.
- Large receiver Calvin Ridley is considered one of two huge receivers (Cooper Kupp) with an lively streak of 10+ consecutive video games (12) with 5+ receptions. Goals for his seventh in row on street with 5+ catches & 50+ rec. yards. Has rec. TD in 3 of his previous 4 vs. AFC.
- Rookie tight finish Kyle Pitts set career-highs in receptions (9), rec. yards (119) & had his 1st profession rec. TD in Week 5. Grew to become 1st rookie TE since Jordan Reed (10/20/13) with 9+ catches, 100+ rec. yards & rec. TD in single recreation.
- Linebacker Deion Jones had 11 tackles & INT in final assembly. Goals for his 4th in row with 5+ tackles.
- Linebacker Jacon Tuioti-Mariner had 2nd sack of season in Week 5.
- Linebacker Foyesade Oluokun goals for his eleventh in row on street with 5+ tackles.
- Cornerback A.J. Terrell had 4th-career FF in Week 5.
- Quarterback Tua Tagovailoa accomplished season-high 33 of 47 passes (70.2 pct.) for season-high 329 yards & 2 TDs vs. INT for 95.1 ranking final week, Third-career recreation with 300+ cross yards.
- Operating again Myles Gaskin goals for his 4th in row vs. NFC with TD. Has 90+ scrimmage yards in 2 of his previous 3 vs. NFC.
- Tight finish Mike Gesicki had 8 catches for season-high 115 yards final week, 2nd-career recreation with 100+ rec. yards. Has 5+ catches in 3 of previous 4.
- Tight finish Durham Smythe had 5 catches for career-high 59 yards in Week 6.
- Rookie huge receiver Jaylen Waddle had 10 catches for season-high 70 yards & 2 TDs final week. Is simply rookie with 10+ catches in 2 video games this season. Leads all rookies with 37 catches.
- Large receiver DeVante Parker has 65+ rec. yards in 2 of three profession video games vs. NFC South. Has TD catch in 2 of his previous 3 vs. NFC.
- Large receiver Mack Hollins set season highs in catches (4) & rec. yards (61) final week. Had 5 catches for 50 yards in solely profession recreation vs. Atl. (9/15/19 w/ Phi.).
- Cornerback Xavien Howard goals for his fifth in row with PD. Has 4 PD in his previous 2 at house. Since 2020, ties for NFL lead with 11 INTs.
- Linebacker Jerome Baker goals for Third in row with 7+ tackles. Goals for Third in row at house with PD.
- Linebacker Andrew Van Ginkel had PD & season-high 6 tackles final week. Has TFL in 2 of previous 3.
- Defensive finish Emmanuel Ogbah had sack & PD final week & has sack in 2 of previous 3. Had half sack in solely profession recreation vs. Atl. (11/11/18 w/ Cle.).
- Defensive sort out Christian Wilkins had sack & 1st-career FF in Week 6. Has TFL in 2 of previous 3 at house.
Falcons at Dolphins 2021 Week 7 Leaders
|Bye (Week 5: W, 27-21 vs. New York Jets (London))||Final Week||L, 23-20 vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (London)|
|21.0 (twenty second)||Factors For||16.5 (twenty ninth)|
|345.6 (twentieth)||Offense (Yards per recreation)||290.0 (thirtieth)|
|Matt Ryan (141/204, 1,332 yards, 10 TD, 3 INT, 97.1 fee)||Passing Chief||Tua Tagovailoa (50/78, 544 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT, 86.7 fee)|
|Mike Davis (62 carries, 304 yards, 3.3 avg, 1 TD)||Speeding Chief||Myles Gaskin (39 carries, 176 yards, 4.5 avg)|
|Cordarrelle Patterson (25 rec., 295 yards, 11.8 avg, 4 TD)||Receiving Chief||Jaylen Waddle (37 rec., 301 yards, 8.1 avg, 3 TD)|
|29.6 (thirty first)||Factors In opposition to||29.5 (twenty ninth)|
|352.6 (thirteenth)||Protection (Yards allowed per recreation)||417.8 (thirtieth)|
|Dante Fowler, Jacob Tuioti-Mariner (2)||Sacks||Emmanuel Ogbah (2.5)|
|Jaylinn Hawks (1)||Interceptions||Xavien Howard, Elandon Roberts (1)|
|-3 (3/6)||Takeaway/Giveaway||-2 (7/9)|
|Dustin Colquitt (28.0 avg, 28.0 internet avg)||Punting||Michael Palardy (42.6 avg, 38.0 internet avg)|
|Younghoe Koo (31 factors, 10/10 PAT, 7/7 FG)||Kicking||Jason Sanders (31 factors, 10/10 PAT, 7/9 FG)|