Sunday night marked the fifteenth 2021 Philadelphia Eagles coaching camp observe. The staff practiced of their indoor bubble on the NovaCare Advanced after cancelling their public observe attributable to climate considerations. Right here’s what I noticed! (Keep tuned for the accompanying BGN Radio observe recap podcast.)
• Observe had an intense tempo indoors because the Eagles labored on some situational soccer.
• JALEN HURTS UPDATE: Hurts was a full participant at observe after unexpectedly lacking Thursday’s sport attributable to a abdomen an infection. Good to see. The dangerous information is he didn’t have a terrific observe.
Hurts hit an open Zach Ertz for a bit achieve down the left sideline with a linebacker trailing in protection. The wheel route is undefeated. Hurts accomplished quite a lot of stable however unspectacular quick passes.
Hurts held on to the ball too lengthy and took a number of “sacks.” He nonetheless threw on one in every of them anyway and the move was vast/out of bounds. Hurts overthrew Travis Fulgham on a move over the center.
In a state of affairs the place the Eagles had been down eight factors with no timeouts and 45 seconds to go from the opponent’s 25-yard line, Hurts couldn’t get the Eagles into the top zone. His first move was a completion to Sanders, who didn’t handle to get out of bounds. Hurts then ran to the sideline for a primary and to cease the clock at 22 seconds. After the Eagles had a false begin, Hurts checked all the way down to Smith in the course of the sector, which appeared like a nasty choice in that it took 15 seconds off the clock to go about seven yards with out even transferring the chains. With seven seconds left, Hurts threw excessive and incomplete alongside the left sideline to depart 4 seconds. On the ultimate play, Hurts tried to fireplace a ball in to Quez Watkins nevertheless it was a excessive bullet and Avonte Maddox had good protection (a lot to the delight of a close-by Jonathan Gannon, who praised the nook).
• EAGLES INJURY UPDATES:
DeVonta Smith had his ankle checked out however he didn’t miss any first staff reps and was capable of end observe. Smith was not on the pre-practice damage report for the primary time since struggling a knee damage early in camp.
Andre Dillard (knee) returned to observe in a restricted capability. Fletcher Cox (groin) was held out of staff drills however did some particular person work. Shaun Bradley (groin) is a brand new addition to the damage report; he was additionally restricted. JaCoby Stevens (hamstring) and Craig James (foot) returned to observe in a restricted capability.
Genard Avery (groin) suffered a brand new damage and is “day-to-day” as soon as once more.
Ok’Von Wallace (groin) missed observe and is “day-to-day” after re-aggravating his damage in opposition to the Patriots.
Ryan Kerrigan (thumb) was doing a little conditioning work off on the aspect as he ramps as much as return.
The Eagles are formally itemizing Tyree Jackson (again) as “month-to-month.” He’s anticipated to overlook 8-to-10 weeks.
• New observe expertise since I began protecting the staff in 2013: Sirianni had a megaphone and we might hear him shouting out the down and distance along with different issues. Sirianni additionally introduced the outcomes of the Eagles’ in-practice scoring system, at one level revealing that the protection received the primary interval. That a lot was obvious, anyway. The protection received the observe as an entire. Wasn’t a very good day for the beginning offense. That’s been a typical theme in camp.
• Miles Sanders and Travis Fulgham each had dangerous drops. They’ve each dropped the soccer means an excessive amount of this summer season.
• Sanders additionally had a rep the place he wasn’t lined up in the suitable spot, which was identified by each a coach and a teammate.
• Joe Flacco had a very good completion to Richard Rodgers in a good window over the center. He had one other good ball to Andre Patton. Flacco bought picked off in 7-on-7 (extra on that beneath). Flacco had a deep landing dropped by John Hightower. Flacco had a pleasant ball to Hightower, who redeemed himself, at the back of the top zone for a landing within the ‘down eight factors’ crunch time state of affairs. However then Flacco threw a move on the two-point conversion try into the filth. Not completely certain what occurred there nevertheless it appeared just like the offense was out of kinds.
• Good observe for Josiah Scott, who seems to be on the roster bubble. The backup nickel cornerback made the play of the day with a pleasant leaping choose on Flacco in 7-on-7. Scott was additionally in place to mild up Greg Ward on a brief completion. He disrupted one other Flacco try meant for Jack Stoll to power a breakup.
• Zech McPhearson broke up a Flacco deep throw to Patton that was barely underthrown.
• Elijah Riley earned an impassioned excessive 5 from Sirianni after a leaping effort to down a punt on the 1-inch line throughout a particular groups drill.
• Le’Raven Clark, who had a false begin at one level, labored in because the second staff left deal with with Brett Toth transferring inside to left guard. Fascinating offensive line tweak.
• Rashad Smith had a move breakup on a Nick Mullens throw that was behind Stoll. None of those gamers shall be on the Eagles’ roster in a few week. (Most likely.)
• Right here’s a have a look at the Eagles’ aforementioned indoor facility. Observe that the massive image of Sirianni’s 5 core values (connecting, competitors, accountability, intelligence, fundamentals) has changed the picture of the Eagles’ Vince Lombardi Trophy.
UP NEXT: The Eagles are off as we speak as they journey north to Florham Park, New Jersey for his or her two joint coaching camp practices in opposition to the New York Jets. These will happen on Tuesday and Wednesday. Keep tuned to BGN for full protection, as all the time.