The official snap counts from the Philadelphia Eagles’ preseason loss to the New England Patriots are in. Let’s have a look.
- Not completely certain what to make of Nate Herbig enjoying the whole sport. Would the Eagles actually play him the whole sport if they’re relying on him to be the highest inside backup (particularly with Landon Dickerson nonetheless on NFI)? Are the Eagles making Herbig show he belongs on the crew?
- Loads of enjoying time for Brett Toth as soon as once more because the Eagles attempt to see if he generally is a backup left sort out for them.
- With Tyree Jackson injured and Jason Croom getting carted off, Jack Stoll noticed a giant soar from the 5 snaps he bought final week.
- Quez Watkins noticed essentially the most enjoying time of any Eagles broad receiver. He was solely focused as soon as for zero receptions.
- DeVonta Smith performed somewhat bit greater than I anticipated. He noticed 4 whole targets and caught two of them for 19 yards. Although not excellent, he regarded higher than his numbers would point out.
- Any Nick Mullens is an excessive amount of Nick Mullens.
- Jalen Reagor performed the least of the Eagles’ projected beginning broad receiver trio.
- After failing to log an offensive snap final week, the Eagles’ working again accidents allowed Elijah Holyfield to get some enjoying time. Good for him. He’s unlikely to stay round right here however perhaps one other crew will give him an opportunity.
- Kenny Gainwell made essentially the most of his restricted snaps with eight touches for 44 yards in 15 snaps performed.
- Travis Fulgham didn’t play till the second half and solely noticed one goal for zero receptions. The arrow on him is actually not pointing up proper now.
- John Hightower made his NFL preseason debut after lacking final week’s sport. Zero targets.
- The Eagles used Kayode Awosika at proper sort out once more regardless of having him play at guard in follow. Actually making an attempt to cover him to get him by to the follow squad, it appears.
- Jordan Mailata and Isaac Seumalo had been the one two beginning offensive linemen to play. It was an evening for them after six snaps.
- Shaun Bradley led all defenders in enjoying time for the second week in a row. Eagles taking an extended have a look at the 2020 sixth-round decide.
- Lengthy night time for Zech McPhearson, who bought picked on by the Pats. He did have a constructive second with a cross breakup on a two-point conversion.
- The backup line of defense bought a whole lot of enjoying time with the starters all out. Outdoors of Milton Williams, they didn’t fare so nicely for the second week in a row.
- Matt Leo, who doesn’t rely in direction of the roster, made his Eagles debut. He didn’t log a stat.
- Okay’Von Wallace left the sport early attributable to re-injuring his groin.
- A bit of attention-grabbing that Eric Wilson and Alex Singleton noticed essentially the most enjoying time by far out of the defensive starters.
- Does Genard Avery solely enjoying eight snaps point out his roster spot is locked in? Attainable. However he’s additionally coming off a groin damage.
- Arryn Siposs had 5 punts. And one kickoff with Jake Elliott not enjoying.
QB Jalen Hurts, CB Darius Slay, Okay Jake Elliott, LB JaCoby Stevens, CB Craig James, RB Jason Huntley, LB Davion Taylor, DE Brandon Graham, OT Le’Raven Clark, C Jason Kelce, OT Lane Johnson, OT Andre Dillard, OG Brandon Brooks, TE Tyree Jackson, DE Ryan Kerrigan, DT Fletcher Cox, DE Josh Sweat, LB Joe Ostman, DE Derek Barnett, DT Javon Hargrave
- Hurts (abdomen an infection), Elliott (ankle), Stevens (hamstring), James (foot), Huntley (ribs), Taylor (calf), Clark (ramping up), Dillard (knee), Jackson (again), Kerrigan (thumb), Ostman (concussion), Barnett (shoulder), and Hargrave (ankle) all missed the sport attributable to damage/ailment.
- Slay, Graham, Kelce, Johnson, Brooks, Cox, and Sweat had been rested.