Tamron Corridor has been working in broadcast journalism for the reason that early ‘90s after graduating from Temple College in 1992. She began her profession at KBTX in Bryan, Texas, earlier than working her method up at Chicago’s WFLD and finally becoming a member of MSNBC and NBC Information in 2007.
The Texas native, 50, turned the primary Black feminine coanchor on the Right this moment present in 2014 when she labored on Right this moment’s Take alongside Natalie Morales, Al Roker and Willie Geist. After leaving NBC in 2017, Corridor landed her personal discuss present, Tamron Corridor, which premiered in 2019. The present has since earned three Daytime Emmy nominations with one win and was renewed for a 3rd season in October 2020.
Outdoors of her reporter and internet hosting duties, nonetheless, how a lot do Corridor’s followers actually learn about her? The Because the Depraved Watch writer opened as much as Us Weekly solely about herself — together with which meals she didn’t eat till she was 30 and what her nickname was rising up.
Learn on to study extra in regards to the discuss present host!
1. I personal extra sneakers than excessive heels, together with a a lot sought-after pair of Air Jordans.
2. I prepare dinner most days of the week.
3. I’ve had a pet chook since I used to be a teen. My present [one is] a Senegal parrot named Jojo. She is essentially the most colourful a part of our household.
4. The concept to disclose that I used to be pregnant [back in 2019] with the tune “Child Shark” got here to me after listening to all of it day at a household operate the place youngsters wouldn’t cease taking part in it.
5. I do a face masks day-after-day — or at the very least I attempt to.
6. I’ve been advised that I appear like Bruno Mars, and that my son [Moses] additionally appears like him.
7. I ran monitor each summer season [until] the age of 18. I used to be even on the record-breaking relay staff in [my] Texas highschool, operating the 100-meter, 200-meter and 400-meter relay.
8. I performed the clarinet in center college and took piano classes from ages 9 to 12.
9. If I might seem on any present, I’d wish to be on The Mandalorian.
10. I grew up in a rural space, so at one time limit, I had three geese and two rabbits.
11. I really like gardening.
12. My nickname as a child was “Not Essentially,” as a result of I used to be at all times difficult what was advised to me. (Hopefully, my son doesn’t get this from me!)
13. If I wasn’t a journalist, I’d be a blackjack vendor.
14. My favourite bike experience is throughout the Brooklyn Bridge.
15. I don’t actually like popcorn.
16. I didn’t eat blueberries or Brussel sprouts till my late 30s.
17. My favourite factor to prepare dinner is something with hen thighs or recipes recommended by Ina Garten.
18. I don’t drink darkish liquor, however I really like margaritas.
19. I’ve not too long ago turn into obsessive about turmeric.
20. I did humanitarian work in South Africa.
21. I’m a [big fan of] trend designers and garments from Cartagena, Colombia.
22. At any time when I am going to the seashore or to the park, my bag at all times has Off! Household Care in it.
23, I spent every week at a retreat alone with out family and friends to reset proper earlier than beginning my discuss present. It was the primary time I traveled alone.
24. My husband [Steve Greener] proposed to me in Paris.
25. Regardless of having a toddler, I’ve but to surrender my white couch — though that’s in all probability coming quickly!
Season 3 of Tamron Corridor premieres on ABC Monday, September 6.
Take heed to Watch With Us to listen to extra about your favourite exhibits and for the newest TV information!